The new S20 has a high refresh rate display of 120Hz, which makes it perform better than ever! The camera update is impressive. But when it comes to the battery life with the S20, it’s not really ideal!
- Good camera performance.
- High refresh rate display 120 Hz.
- No notch at the top.
- Camera tends to over-process photos.
- 120Hz display drains most of the battery.
- Expensive phone (compared to other brands giving the same features).
- Finger-print scanner can face issues.
- Battery life isn’t much.
- Starting Price: $999.
- Display: 6.2-inch OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate.
- CPU: Snapdragon 865/Exynos 990.
- Storage: 128GB storage. (External storage up to 1TB)
- Cameras (Back): 2 x 12 megapixel cameras (Ultra wide – Wide-angle) and 64MP Telephoto camera.
- Cameras (Front): 10 megapixel.
- Battery: 4000mAh. Type C with a fast charger in the box.
- OS: Android 10.
So moving to the design:
Samsung has been settle with its same design features for a while now. Same rounded edges, buttons are right where we’re used to them. The sim card slot though is moved to the top; making the sides of the phone look a lot nicer. And let’s face it, we rarely open that slot, so it shouldn’t really be of an issue. And as a change, the cameras are now grouped in one camera pump on the corner of the phone, well to me I think it really looks more modern than the S10 which had the cameras spread horizontally on back, they kind of seemed like the eyes of a robot for me.
- Size: Height 6 inches. / Width 2.75 / Thickness 0.3 inches. And the weight is 5.4 ounces.
- Aluminum frame and a glass back (Gorilla Glass 6).
- Water resistance in 1.5 meters for 30 minutes! No more worrying about spilling coffee on your phone or dropping it into the pool.
- As for the colors, you have the calm cloud blue color, for most blue-color fans. And the cloud pink, and the cosmic gray which seems prettier than a normal plain black. And last but not least, the cloud white which is really elegant to hold.
- 2 x 12 MP camera (Ultra wide – Wide-angle) & 64 MP Telephoto camera.
- 8K video recording at 24 fbs.
The S20 has a simple 12-megapixel sensor, which behaves surprisingly good in dim light. A wide-angle sensor that is also 12 megapixels, and the selfie camera is 10 megapixels. And the 64 MP camera! Samsung is using these extra megapixels to improve zoom capabilities. The great feature of this camera that you’ll crop the photos and get a 12 MP photo as a result. Which is fun and could be useful for people who depend on their phones for photography. The downside of the camera oversmooth faces! It can be too obvious that the skin looks extra smooth, but if you turned to the Pro mode and turn of the beauty filters, it may make the pictures look closer to life.
The battery has 4000 mAh, which can approximately give you 5 hours of on screen time. It is a big battery boost since the S10 with the 3400 mAh, but with this high refresh rate screen, it might have been more convenient to have an even bigger battery to serve the screen functionality. This problem can be solved by simply changing the refresh rate in the settings to 60Hz, which will help you keep your phone longer when you know you won’t have an access to a charger on a long day.